Being proposed marks a new sacred era in your life, and as such you naturally want to ensnare the beauty of it with an engagement shoot. While your love dictates the emotional part of the session, the aesthetic aspect is dependent on the location, outfit, and of course, our artful approach. It is quite natural to be hesitant about what to wear for the shoot and to select what will work best for the results. In this article, we will guide you through certain aspects that you need to consider before deciding on styling.
Choosing the best dressing for your photography session
● Before you consider any piece or rush to buy a new one that you have been eyeing for some time now, when it comes to the engagement shoot, it is all about feeling comfortable and beautiful. The attire should make you feel confident and that will be reflected in the photos. If you wear a dress that makes you feel uncomfortable, unfortunately, it will make its imprint on the photos. Photography has the power to portray all that you feel in that moment, so before selecting the engagement photoshoot outfit, make sure it is tailored to your liking, silhouette, and color choice.
● Another key point to contemplate is the weather and location. For example, if you are having a New York engagement photography session during wintertime, the weather can be harsh and cold so naturally, you must pick an outfit that will look both stylish and keep you warm at the same time.
● When it comes to choosing a certain dress code, you can get away with almost anything even when aiming for a more modern and chic aesthetic. If you feel confident with a casual approach, there are signature pieces that can elevate your whole attire like shoes, jewelry, beautifully combined tones, and accessories. Wish to reflect your eloquent style? Then choosing an outfit that was threaded with diligence and high-end sophistication will also look incredible, as long as you feel confident wearing it. Remember, it is all about how you feel when wearing the chosen engagement photoshoot outfit.
● In addition to the previous guidelines, take heed of both of your outfits to be coherent and with seamless visual appearance. It wouldn’t look nice if your clothes don’t complement each other. When selecting the attire, consult your partner and decide what will work best for you both, and portray your own unique style.
● Colors. This seems like an easy choice, and it can be, just have few things in perspective. You can get a better airy and ethereal feel with lighter tones, especially when the weather is warmer as lighter colors reflect the light most sublimely, and for colder weather, we would recommend darker hues – especially strikingly beautiful when there is snow. But this isn’t a rule, because we as photographers can extract the beauty of any chosen color and make it work in your favor for your engagement shoot.
● Feeling indecisive? Then why not bring two or more outfits for your engagement photography? In fact, we encourage it, which will also give us space to be more creative with nearby locations and showing more versatile sides of your session. You don’t have to limit yourself to only one choice, go for both dressy and more casual-chic if you desire!
Ultimately, your engagement shoot will be all about love and eternal devotion, so if you stick to the basic rules of following what works for YOU, only then you will be able to get the best results. Be faithful to the attire that makes you feel comfortable and gorgeous, enjoy and surrender to your loving feels – all other things will be elevated by the power of our photography!
Hope our tips helped you. If you liked our post about what to wear for an engagement photoshoot, keep following us!